This painting is a historical masterpiece of exceptional sizes painted in tempera on canvas. Two painters have worked on this painting from 1964 until 1966 – Anatoli Zhezher and Aleksandr Taleev. The artwork was presented at the All-Russia Exhibiton in 1972 and meant to commemorate 50 Years of Revolution. It became so popular that postcards were issued at that time.
Aleksandr Matveevich Taleev was born in 1924 in Elizavetgrad (Ukraine). He was only 17 years old when the World War ll began and he was taken to Germany. Aleksandr was captured in a concentration camp, but he managed to escape. He returned to the USSR, carried on with his artistic career and graduated from the Kazan Art College in Russia. During his long successful career in Dnepropetrovsk, he created many beautiful paintings, graphic works and monumental decorative panels for several Palaces of Culture.
Member of the Union of Artists of Ukraine (1962). Honored Artist of Ukraine (2004).